Guidelines for your Day Procedure
- You may have a light lunch (i.e. before 1pm – tea/coffee & sandwich).
- Please bring evidence of health insurance entitlements
- If you do not have private health insurance then you should enquire about the specific fee involved in your case in advance of your appointment.
- Continue to take all medication, including analgesics/pain medication.
- If you take:
- Anti-coagulation agents (blood thinners) such as Plavix / Clopidogrel, Warfarin (or other anticoagulation medication)
- Have started antibiotics in the 3 days before your procedure date
- Have any flu like / viral symptoms 24 hours before your procedure date
Please contact the office (025-86310) immediately. If you are on these medications your procedure will be cancelled on the day for your safety.
- A responsible adult must escort all patients home. You are firmly advised not to drive your car to the hospital, as you will not be insured to drive home after the procedure. Patients must be collected and an estimated time is best arranged on the day of the procedure.
- We advise that you wear comfortable clothes, as you may be wearing a gown during the procedure. Please bring a dressing gown and slippers with you. Please do not wear make-up or nail varnish on admission.
- We advise that you leave valuables such as jewelry and watches at home, and do not bring large sums of money with you.
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND ON THE DATE ARRANGED, PLEASE CANCEL THIS ADMISSION IMMEDIATELY TO BE RE-SCHEDULED
If you have any other enquiries please do not hesitate to contact the Clinic on +353 (0)21 235 5500
Pain Relief Ireland, Consultation Suite, Orthopaedic & Spine Centre, Mater Private Hospital, City Gate, Cork, Ireland T12 K199
Guidelines for your Clinic Appointment
- A date and time for you clinic appointment will be sent to you in advance. If you need to postpone this please let us know as soon as possible so we can reschedule it
- On arrival please go to the Consultation Suite and let reception know you have arrived. You will be asked to confirm your contact details.
- While every effort will be made to see you on the designated time occasionally there are delays and we ask you to be patient with us
- Please bring any additional medical reports and a list of your medication where possible
- Light refreshments are available on site
- Free Parking is available on site. Please review the map on our website to ensure you get there on time.
- If you cannot make the appointment we would appreciate if you let us know in advance in order to allow another individual avail of the appointment. Rescheduled clinic dates will be made as soon as possible
- Please feel free to contact us directly.